1752781 Members
6358 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL760 with no POST

Mike Jenne
Occasional Advisor

DL760 with no POST

Machine was up and running fine. Shutdown to install more memory and swap out a SA 5304 card.

Upon booting up the machine found and tested the new memory (16gb total), and found and updated the config on the new SA5304/256 card.

OS boot failed (Windows Server 2003 R2) with a blue screen indicated a memory error / NMI error.

Took new memory out, but now when i power on the server i get green lights, but no POST, no video, and the LCD display doesn't change to indicate the server is doing anything?

Anyone have any ideas how to revive this box?

MJ
4 REPLIES 4
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Re: DL760 with no POST

Check the system interlock status indicators. It is possible that you just need to reseat memory board.
Mike Jenne
Occasional Advisor

No interconnect lights are lit, and I've removed / re-inserted the memory board a few times trying different combinations of known good SDRAM modules, all with no results.

At this point I may start looking for replacement memory board, main board as one of those may have gotten damaged.

Any other ideas?

MJ
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

If the server still looks dead, you can always try clearing NVRAM. Might just help.
Mike Jenne
Occasional Advisor

I've found the switch on the dl760 to do this, but no procedure on what the steps should be clear NVRAM.

I even pulled the battery off the motherboard and left the server unplugged overnight hoping that would "do something", but it didn't.

MJ