7460 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DL760G1 connect drive cage to RAID array controller

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jason Boche

DL760G1 connect drive cage to RAID array controller

I've got a DL760 generation 1 server. I would like to connect the internal 4 bay drive cage to an expansion slot RAID array controller because the embedded array controller has no write cache.

What is required to do this? I can't find the SCSI connecter on the drive cage back plane. I found a SCSI jumper board near the PCI slots that connects the drive cage to the embedded array controller. Do I need a cable that connects to one of the jumper ports and if so, do you know the part number or where I could locate such a cable? I'd be connecting the cable to a 5300 series or 6400 series RAID array controller. Thank you.
3 REPLIES 3
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: DL760G1 connect drive cage to RAID array controller

Basil Vizgin
Honored Contributor

As from User Guide:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/UCR/SupportManual/TPM_173774-001/TPM_173774-001.pdf

Use the Compaq ProLiant DL760 server Integrated Array Bypass kit to bypass the Integrated Smart Array Controller (Ultra2 support) and use an optional controller such as the Compaq 4200 Array Controller.
The Integrated Smart Array Controller is routed to the internal drives through a daughter board, the Array Enabler Board, in the I/O module.
The Integrated Array Bypass kit allows you to replace the Array Enabler Board with a connector and cable that you can connect to an optional controller board such as the Compaq 4200 Array Controller.
Jason Boche

Thank you very much to both of you for your quick response and great help. I searched high and low throught he quickspecs .PDF guide last night before posting my question here and I couldn't find what I needed.

Jason