cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLT Backonline

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

DLT Backonline

I have an external DDT Tape Array connected to my Proliant 6000. The array has two 15/30 installed, I will refer to them as tape 1 and tape 2. Tape 2 started flashing all lights at me about three weeks ago after inserting a new tape. The tape would not eject so I had support send me replacement drive. I installed the new drive (tape 2) and continued to get my backups up and running again after a restart of the server. The density lights are all light up at the same time but the backups are running. *shrug * Two weeks later tape 1 started flashing all lights at me. I could however eject the tape, but could not back up to the drive (tape 1). Received a replacement drive and installed it back to the array. I am using the same jumper settings for SCSI id as the original drive. The lights on tape 1 are still blinking, even after going into tape devices discovering the newly replaced drive. Upon rebooting I still only see one device that is discovered instead of two. I can not open the drive to insert the tape nor get the lights to stop flashing. Any input would be helpfull as I have looked up and down on the site not to find any help on the subject.