Event Category: Events
Event ID: 1107
Date: 9/27/2007
Time: 12:01:01 PM
User: N/A
Computer: SERVER
Description:
Compaq SCSI Tape Drive Status Change.
The tape drive with SCSI target 6 connected to SCSI bus 2 of the controller in slot 0 has a new status of 5.
(Tape drive status values: 1=other, 2=ok, 3=failed, 5=offline, 6=missingWasOk, 7=missingWasFailed, 8=missingWasOffline)
[SNMP TRAP: 5016 in CPQSCSI.MIB]

Event Source: dlttape
Event Category: None
Event ID: 15
Date: 9/27/2007
Time: 6:39:39 PM
User: N/A
Computer: NCJV_SQL
Description:
The device, \Device\Tape0, is not ready for access yet.

This is an old machine so I imagine it could be just dying, but I'm waiting for software and tapes to start backing up with my new server. Any tips or ideas to remedy/patch this problem? All of the lights on the left side of the DLT tape drive will flash after this error occurs. Shutting the machine off and the restarting it will fix it but only for a day or two.
2 REPLIES 2
~sesh
Esteemed Contributor

Re: DLT Tape drive errors on Proliant ML370

Here are a few things you could try before putting the tape drive out of commission.

1. Try cleaning cartridge.
2. Check connectivity with the controller (both ends).
3. Run a library and tape tools test (http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN). Can also be downloaded from the specific product software and driver download page.
4. Upgrade the drivers & firmware for the tape drive & the SCSI controller.

Note: To obtain the relevant updates & tools, visit http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html
and search for your product.
chongkan
Trusted Contributor

Re: DLT Tape drive errors on Proliant ML370

upgrade the storage agents and check cable connectivity... if the problem persists after that try replacing the cables...