1753482 Members
4301 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

DR Testing with HP

Ryan Fisher

DR Testing with HP

We are in the process of testing our disater recovery processes. We have both HP and IBM servers. I am having trouble restoring an IBM x346 server to a HP. I have tried both a DL360 G3 and DL 380 G2. When they reboot, it will Blue Screen with IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL when windows goes to full initialization mode. I have searched all of MS and other sites for suggestions, but cannot find anything to help. I think it might have something to do with the drivers for the base system controllers or something, but Windows never gets a chance to run SYSPREP and redetect the new hardware. OS is Windows 2003 std. and I have restored from a HP to IBM successfully. I would appreciate any suggestions.
2 REPLIES 2
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: DR Testing with HP

very likely the driver for the smart-array SCSI-controller in the proliants.

during installation this driver is copied as
"Ntbootdd.sys" onto the root of the systemdisk. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/reskit/c29621675.mspx

apearently the IBM's have a disk-configuration wich does not need this (IDE/ATA ?) or it's SCSIcontroller might be compattible enough with the smart-array controller to boot.
But the driver for the IBM's not with the smart-array.

If the system cannot access it's bootdisk then offcourse it never comes to the fase of hardwaredetection.
nurascorpio
Regular Advisor

Re: DR Testing with HP

Try the DR process with a single processor or base line configurations on the DL series of the servers.