4118 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Deactivate autostart on hp dl380 G3

SOLVED
Go to solution
Haike

Deactivate autostart on hp dl380 G3

When I connect the powercord to my server the server starts automaticaly.
How do I disable the autostart?
6 REPLIES 6
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

If you log on to the iLO, you should see an option under Virtual Power for the Power Configuration Settings - Automatically Power on Server = Yes or No.

I think the same option can also be set in the BIOS somewhere.

Cheers,

Rob
Sanjay  Nayak
Advisor

Hi,
Please check in the RBSU ,uder advanced options if you have anything like Power on options On/Off

The Automatic Power-on option After Power Loss feature will not function
properly if the AC power is lost and restored . In this situation, the unit will remain "OFF" after power is resumed.

Haike

I've tried both

1) The Virtual power setting is already set to Automatically Power On Server = NO

2) In the RBSU there is no power options what so ever....
JoshT976
Advisor

I have a two DL385 G2's.

One is BIOS A09 (9/29/06).
The other is BIOS A09 (12/3/06)

The server with A09 09/29/06 version installed does not automatically power on when the power cables are attached (plugged in). Automatic Power-On option in RBSU set to Disabled.

The server with A09 12/3/06 version installed DOES automatically power on, even though Automatic Power-On option is set to Disabled in the RBSU.

I see there is a new BIOS A09 (1/8/07) available. Has anybody tried this version to see if it remedies the Automatic power on.

It seems one you upgrade from BIOS A09 (9/29/06) you lose the option to turn off Automatic Power On.
Storage-Manager
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Normaly this behavior doesn├В┬┤t rely to System ROM. HP Proliant servers are designed to be "always" available. When you pull off the power cord when the server is powered on and the reconnect the power cord the server will automatically power on. When you send a shutdown to the server from the OS, then pull off the power cord and then reconnect the server will remain powered off. I had opened a case at HP support and the conclusion was that this behavior couldn├В┬┤t be changed.
JoshT976
Advisor

Thanks for the reply!!

I just upgraded to the A09 Bios dated version 1/8/07 (Part of PSP 7.7). After the firmware update, i rebooted and let the server boot to the windows Login screen. I unplugged the power cables to test. 1 server stayed off when the power cords where re-attached, the other came back on.

Interesting that HP states the power on behavior cannot be changed when there is an option in the RBSU that specifically states Automatic Power On (after power loss)

One of the newly upgraded server is working as we need it to now. I still need to look as to why the other is acting differntly.

So I know its now possible to do this, I just need to keep looking at what the differences are between the two.