cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Smart Array P410 and 2 weeks waiting for replacemet

Ricardo Espada
Occasional Visitor

Dead Smart Array P410 and 2 weeks waiting for replacemet

Almost 2 weeks ago one of our server started rebooting by itself and but when it was booting it wanted to boot from the network.... so i disconected the server a couple of minutes and turn it back on and when it started i found out that the controller had an error "Accelerator Disabled READ error " i opened the server confirmed that everything was properly in place, but the error persisted. So i contacted HP support and they told me to update the controller card firmware and the server BIOS.the BIOS update went ok. so i went ahead and updated the card firmware as instructed it finished and indicated a sucessful update. but now the card doesnt even BOOT!!! the support guy made an order for the card but guess what? im still waiting for it almost 2 weeks when we paid for a 4 hour / next day parts care pack.Some of our network services had been impacted by this down time and HP just could care less about my problem. This is my first experience with HP support and it has been the worst experience ever, after this experience HP is not going to be recommended for any of my clients and the networks i managed.
1 REPLY
Ricardo Espada
Occasional Visitor

Re: Dead Smart Array P410 and 2 weeks waiting for replacemet

BTW the server is a DL160 G6 and doesnt even have a year of use..