1753832 Members
7916 Online
108806 Solutions
New Discussion

Decode Error: DL 380p Gen8 : System Power Fault Detected

MilesW_UK

Decode Error: DL 380p Gen8 : System Power Fault Detected

Hi support!

I've got an issue with a DL380 G8, my error code is: System Power Fault Detected (XR: 20 00 MID: FF 3D BC 29 F9 F0 00 10 10 00 40 3F 02 00 00 00 9E 00 F0 0F F0 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Could you possibly decode this?

Many thanks.

P.S> ADMIN > This post was moved as a new topic from Re: DL 380p Gen8 : System Power Fault Detected (XR: 24 00 MID: FF 0D FC 0E C0 FF FF 32 32 0C 0C 00 9 

2 REPLIES 2
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Re: Decode Error: DL 380p Gen8 : System Power Fault Detected

Hello,

I hope all is well.

Please follow the below recommendations to fix this issue.

1. Update the server with the latest bios and all firmware.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

I_AN
HPE Pro

Re: Decode Error: DL 380p Gen8 : System Power Fault Detected

Hello MilesW_UK

Please perform the below steps:

1. Update the server with the latest BIOS firmware.
2. Remove power to the server. Set the CMOS clear switch (6) to ON by using the system maintenance switch on the systemboard (more details on the label at the lid of the server).
When a message indicates that a maintenance switch has been turned on and the unit has been reset, power it off and reverse switch S6 and install it in the bay. Connect power cables again and see if the server is booting up.
3. If issue persist then Remove the systemboard battery and short the 2 metal pins holding the battery and re-insert the battery in the systemboar
4. If issue persist then Perform bare minimum config and without additional cards installed. If the server fails with bare minimum config then suspect System board else, perform below steps.
5. Check without PCI Riser Board and PCI Riser Cage.
3. Add the parts one at a time to isolate the faulty part.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo