1748157 Members
4209 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Degraded iLO4 on DL360p/380p Gen8s

sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

Degraded iLO4 on DL360p/380p Gen8s

Now that we've got higher network port density, I've finally been able to get the iLOs in all of the servers across our data centers and various comm rooms connected so we can leverage OneView, iLO Amplifier and InfoSight.

Unfortunately, I'm seeing many of the DL360p/380p Gen8s showing an iLO degraded condition that can't be resolved by firmware update, resetting the iLO or server or reformatting the NAND.  It sounds like the only alternative is to replace the motherboard on the affected servers as the iLO and NAND are integrated.

Has anyone experienced similar issues and found a good workaround?  Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: Degraded iLO4 on DL360p/380p Gen8s

If this

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=emr_na-a00048622en_us

does not help, you need a new board.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
sgunelius
Trusted Contributor

I'm thinking this might be the situation where the NAND was partially corrupted by earlier iLO4 firmware and unfortunatley the only option is to schedule downtime for the server and replace the motherboard.

I'm just surprised to see this happen on so many of our Gen8s, but they're all at least 6 years old, so the cells in the NAND have probably reached a maximum dead count where it isn't useable.

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

IMHO a possible reason for failed NAND is that early firmware when the Gen8 was new already reduced the lifetime so much that NAND will simply die nowadays.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
rmay_bk
Valued Contributor

We have quite a few of these and iLO seems to function OK for basic KVM duty without having usable flash storage.  The key seems to be getting them to run stable long enough to get the firmware upgraded to something in the 2.7x range.  Once that's done we leave them alone.  We went through one motherboard replacement and decided not to bother doing any more of them.  It's just too time intensive.