4497 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Delete / Erase HPE 32 GB microSD RAID 1 USB

erki72
Frequent Advisor

Delete / Erase HPE 32 GB microSD RAID 1 USB

Hi

how can i delete / erase a HPE 32 GB microSD RAID 1 USB?
I have installed esxi and would like to delete it again so that it is clean again

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

I hope below documents will help you.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=c04630357

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04123175.pdf

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

erki72
Frequent Advisor

Hi @SanjeevGoyal 

Thank you for the documents. It only helps to a limited extent.
Where is the section on how to format or bring the device to factory default?

Regards

mysy
Valued Contributor

put TF card to standard USB TF card reader, and find 'SD Card Formatter' software to format it one by one.

Now you have two empty TF card.

erki72
Frequent Advisor

Very nice when the servers are spread all over the world

Why can't you find anything, either I'm too stupid to search or it really doesn't work (and there is no documentation)

MMCAPS88

At least you were able to install ESXi. I am working with a Proliant Mircroserver Gen 10 Plus and although the USB Boot drive is listed in the available devies in the Boot order screen, the neither the ESXi installer nor the Intelligent Provisioning application believe that I have any drive at all.

As you have commented, there is absolutely no documentation anywhere that I can find about using the HPE 32GB microSD RAID 1 USB Boot Drive and considering it cost two thirds as much as the server itself, I really need it to justify the cost. Not to mention the fact that without it, I would have to consider using one of the hard drives as the OS and boot drive instead.

If yyou have any guidance on how to install the ESXi software on the HPE 32GB microSD RAID 1 USB Boot Drive, on a brand new, fresh out of the box server without any other drives installed, I would wlecome it with open arms. I am a home user without any ILO or other support/remote management options.