1753554 Members
4817 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Deleted Partition :(

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Deleted Partition :(

hey Prosignia and compaq users, i got an Prosignia but it doesn't do anything the Partition got deleted and i can't boot with my CD-rom, i want to install Win 98 on it but how do i have to start?????
the Cd-rom is an SCSI and doesn't start with an Win 98 disk.

hope to hear from you soon
THNX
GreetZZ
5 REPLIES 5
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

And I am getting on Startup the ERROR like this: 178-proccesor configuration invalid?????????
What does it mean??? i only took my Proccesor out once and when i putted it back i got this message.
That where al of my problems Hope to hear form you

GreetZZ And THNX in advance
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I had the same problem,So I download all the Drivers for do and went from there the cd drivers are there you have alot of work to do. read all the instruction and if you have a question I will try to help.....

ps I'm on my prosignia 300 with win95 right now
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

drivers for Dos
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Hey thnx for the Reply.!!
Do you still have those Drivers you used????????
because i downloaded a Few but they don't work!

Hope to hear from you Soon
THNX
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

to partiton use this 1st Compaq System Configuration Utility (ver 2.53A)partition the compaq part at 32mb,then setup dos 6.0 or if you have the compaq dos use it " i used 6.0 then upgraded to 6.22"Then use fdisk and make a primary dos partition for your #1 drive and a primary and extented one for your other drives on the extend one make a logical drive. For the bios use Systems ROMPaq Diskette,You can find the old # when you boot ,then download the one you need and (ver 4.4 rev A) this one is the upgrade ,for your cdrom use MS-DOS SCSI Support Diskette (ver 2.18A),If you have a disk backup wait on that one.The other disks you need are Compaq Server Diagnostics (ver 10.34A) and Drive array advanced diagnosic (ver 1.44A)a.k.a. (D.A.A.D) this one i had to use search to find it.
Read it all and follow instructions.................