ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753882 Members
7208 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Desparately need the Array Configuration Utility!

Pete Mocca

Desparately need the Array Configuration Utility!

I just need the Array Configuration Utility - I have a Compaq Proliant 1600, Smart Array 221. Can anyone help?
9 REPLIES 9
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Pete,
NT4 or Win2K?
Ed
Pete Mocca

Ed -can't get that far...just purchased system and added 3 HD's (18.2 Ultra3 SCSI). The sytem had none before. Will eventually load Linux or SBS2000....
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Sorry...stupid question.
I was going to shoot you the cpxxx.exe file for which OS you have ...but that is not going to do the trick. I take it you do not have access to a Smartstart cd version 5.50 or earlier?
Ed
Pete Mocca

Unfortunately not...I have downloaded about every diagnostic and firmware upgrade, but can't find the ACU....any thoughts?

Pete
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Pete,
Shoot me your email address
SAKET_5
Honored Contributor

Hi there,

ACU for linux would be OS specific and require the OS to be up and running in order to access it.

If you do not have a smart start CD, you kinda have this problem. An alternative solution would be to just use the BIOS Array Configuration Utility to set up your initial RAID set where you wish to install the OS.

I can send you the ACU for linux, but how would you run it if you do not have the OS installed yet??

Hope it was of help and don't forget to assign points:)

Regards
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

There are several variations of the ACU for WIN2K (SBS2000) here:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/locate/20_1126.html#120

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Here's a Q&A I lifted from the SmartStart area of HP's website:

"Q3. How can I do manual installation of my Operating System without SmartStart?
A3. HP's investment in embedded tools facilitate the steps required to do hardware configuration using tools embedded in the system ROM. Hardware configuration options are available after the server boots: ORCA (F8 selection for Option ROM Configuration for Arrays Utility) provides options to configure your RAID controller, RBSU (F9 selection) configures the server, the new System Maintenance menu (F10 selection - only available on selected ProLiant ML/DL G3 servers) to run embedded utilities such as embedded Diagnostics.

After configuring your hardware, you're ready to proceed with the OS installation process from the vendor-supplied OS media. Insert the SmartStart CD after the OS installation to install the ProLiant Support Packs."

See:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/14694.html

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Pete Mocca

Everyone else - I'll try all the suggestions everyone gave. I've tried F8, F9, F10, all the keys! But still can't get into any configuration or setup. Only if I boot to the Compaq System Configuration Utility, which only allows configuration of bios parameters...but not the hard drives - it recognizes the Smart 221 but says to run that utility to configure!

SAKET - if you don't mind, please send me the ACU for Linux...I'll use it once I get up (hopefully)!

Ed - whatever you have that may be of assitance, please send!

email: petem@ibtec.com

Thanks and I'll let everyone know!

Pete