New Discussion юеВ

Re: Determine Version of Firmware and HP Support Pack Installed

craig78

Determine Version of Firmware and HP Support Pack Installed

Hi,

I'm working on a number of servers to install the following:

яГШ HP Firmware Pack 8.40

яГШ HP Support Pack 8.15

I'm looking for a method to determine which versions are currently installed and then to check afterwards that these latest installations were completed properly.

Is there a file or registry key that I can query to confirm this?

Thanks
Craig
5 REPLIES 5
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

In regards, to the Proliant Support Pack you can check the driver versions on device manager or run the PSP that opens and update manager and let's know what is the current version and the latest version to install. Also booting from the firmware CD, before updating the firmware let's you know what is the current version and the latest available to install you can select which one to install.
RobH_Seattle
Advisor

Have you considered using SIM and VCA (version control agent) to help you?
Free...easy install and great tool.
synaseer

by running hpsum.exe in psp will give us latest and installed versions which doesnt need a server reboot.

for Firmware latest and installed drivers, we need to boot the server using firmwre maintance CD which will show us installed and latest versions..

Please let me know if you find FW versions without a reboot ?
Dan86

Regarding checking PSP via the device manager, is there a particular device that will show the exact version of PSP that has been installed
Dan86

As well as my last post, is there any other suggestions (as per Craigs post) on how to locate the versioning for the firmware and support packs

As a side note, can anyone tell me if the overall HP Management Agent Software tool that is located in Control Panel is linked to the other and would give indication of versioning for the above.

Many Thanks.

Dan