3826 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Determine the type of hardware RAID

meghna
Occasional Contributor

Determine the type of hardware RAID

Hi,

Please can anyone advice how can I determine what type of hardware RAID has been installed on my server, which is Compaq ProLiant ML 350 G3.

Thanks in advance,
Meghna
6 REPLIES 6
Marc Hebert_2
Frequent Advisor

Hi Meghna,

Simply Download from HP the ACU-XE (Array Configuration Utility) a windows based utility. The ACU wiil tell you what hardware RAID Level you are using

Rsgards
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

You can also press F8 during POST to access the Online Rom Configuration for Arrays (or ORCA) and it will also tell you what RAID level you're running.
ACU is the OS way of discovering the RAID level and it's got a lot more functionality.
Ed
meghna
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I tried installiing the Array Configuration utility but as it installs it gives a message this ' software does not need to be installed on your system '. What do I mean by this please ?

Also I tried pressing F8 during POST but no information about RAID was given.

Thanks for your help,

Meghna
Ed Cox
Respected Contributor

Under the F8 option...did you look under
"View Logical Drive Information" ?

Under the OS:
The reason why you got that message is because the ACU is already installed on your system. Go to Start \ Programs \ Compaq System Tools and you should see it under there.

Ed
meghna
Occasional Contributor

Hi Ed,

I already checked the COmpaq system tools folder it doesn't has ACU utility. Wonder why am I still getting the error message and installation then stops.

Regards,

Meghn
ernst limbrunner
Trusted Contributor

hi meghna

first of all we must find out if you DO have a SMART Raid controller in your system. the ml proliants ship standard WITHOUT such a controller.

is the a message during initialization saying "initializing smart controller" ??

if NO - then you do NOT have a SMART raid controller.

if YES - does it say "press F8 for configuration"

if YES - there you have the solution (press f8 and select "view")

if NO - you have an older smart controller and will have to use the array configuration utility (download from hp)

best regards from germany
ernesto