1752360 Members
6035 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: \Device\Scsi\cpqcissm1

eduardo pires pinto

\Device\Scsi\cpqcissm1

Evertviewer
"The device, \Device\Scsi\cpqcissm1, did not respond within the timeout period. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

I'm getting this error message in the Eventviewer. Event ID 9. Event source: cpqcissm. Server ML570 My. Can anyone help me ??
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor

Eduardo,

If these messages appeared while you were performing an "Online" firmware update you can ignore them. They simply reflect the fact that the controller may be busy. Please see below.

Problem Description:

When Online ROM Flash Component for Windows is used to flash the Option ROM on a Smart Array Controller. A Smart Array Controller driver logs one or two events ID 9 in System Event Log.

For example, following error will be logged when online ROM is performed on SA5302 in Windows Server 2003.

Event ID: 9
Source: cpqcissm
Description: The device,\Device\Scsi\cpqissm1, did not respond within the timeout period.

For more information, See Help and Support Center at <>

Note. Source and description may be different for other Smart Array Controllers.

Symptoms

Event ID 9 logged in System Event Log.

Cause

During the online ROM flash while controller is idle there are other background activities taking place on the controller, some of these commands may time out resulting in Event ID 9.

Resolution/Workaround

Explain to customer that this is normal if event ID 9 is logged at the time of ROM flash process. Customer can ignore the even id 9 logged in system event log.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Gary_223

We had 3 ML350 running window 2000 server sp4. Recently one of the server (The mail server) experience the error mentioned.

** THE DEVICE, DEVICE\SCSI\CPQCISSM1, DID NOT RESPOND WITHIN THE TIMEOUT PERIOD **

I had verified and check all the solution here but none is fixing the problems. According to one of the message here stating that eventually the system will hang. (OR crash)

Please help before this error bring our server down......

You help is very appreciated.
Michael D. Edwards

Same issue on my ML-350. Now it is CRASHED!
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Again, more info please.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..