4818 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Difference: HP and Compaq DL580 G2

Gregory Haun
Advisor

Difference: HP and Compaq DL580 G2

Hello,

I am having issues with 2 out of 5 DL580 G2 servers. I have upgraded the ROM image on all of these and the HP units are working fine; though the Compaq branded units report a 1610 temperature error and will go no further. The strange thing is that the two compaq units (as indicated on the serial number; otherwise, they are identical) worked fine with a old 2002 ROM image which was originally on them. How do you enable disaster recovery ROM mode on these machines. The 1,4,5,6 system maintenance switches do not seem to work. If this does work, maybe I am not waiting long enough for the 2 long beeps.

Thanks,

Gregory
2 REPLIES 2
Blazhev_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Gregory,

set system maintenance switch positions 2 and 6 to the on position.
Power up, wait for the 2 beeps, power the server down. Return the 2 & 6 to off.

Insert a ROMPaq diskette with the system ROM that you have downloaded

IMPORTANT: The ROMPaq will flash both sides of the redundant ROM. This process may take up to ten minutes.

Wait until the server emits three rising beeps, indicating the completion of the ROM flash process and restart the server.
Gregory Haun
Advisor

Hello,

When I switched 2 and 6 to on, this had no effecdt. I still got the 1610 error as usual and never received the indication that it was in recovery mode.

Is there a different method for the Compaq serialed units versus the HP unit. I have 5 of these servers and they all look identical. The only difference is that the compaq branded units have taken the latest rom code; though, now I can not get past this 1610 error. I know that it is not a processor issue, as they work fine in the other servers.

Thanks,

Gregory