1752815 Members
6071 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Difficulties with Array configuration

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Difficulties with Array configuration

When booting from the Smartstart v4.9 the Integrated Array controller was not recognized as RAID capable and didn't take me into the Array Config Util. Are all models of the ML530R Integrated Array controller RAID capable? Also, I have a 5302 controller that we purchased that I'm trying to setup as the bootable controller, but when I install it and set it as the bootable controller, the cdrom drive isn't recognized as bootable and I can't boot from the SmartStart v4.9. Is there away to accomplish this? The server is now telling me "Non-System disk or disk error"
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Try using the 4.80 SmartStart. When you come to the array config, specify the drivers from the 4.90 CD.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

This can be cause by an invalid or corrupted BIOS configuration.
Download and make the system configuration program disk from this web address.

http://www5.compaq.com/support/files/server/us/download/9180.html

Boot the system with the first disk in the set. Press CTRL-A at the very first screen to get to advanced mode. Select "Configure hardware" from the menus. Verify that the integrated array controller is seen in the BIOS and is enabled. Also check the controller order. The array controller must be first. Save the new hardware configuraiton to CMOS. Then try the SmartStart CD again.