ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753907 Members
8758 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion

Disable Proliant 5000R interlock

Ray_96

Disable Proliant 5000R interlock

I have an older Proliant 5000R.....it is not a production Server...but a test server....I have just moved it from the Rack....Worked fine in the rack...I now go to turn it on and it powers up for about 1 second then shuts off....and will power up and off about every 10 seconds...On the front it has a safety interlock statement saying the unit will power off if the top panel is removed....Therefore I can only conclude that somehow in my moving the unit...I have dislogged a sensor.....(is there more than one??)..I have checked all cards and they are seated properly....I would like to be pointed in one or all of the following directions....

1) a PDF Manual for this unit
2) How to disable this feature....as at this point it is not a production server...so I am not worried about accidentilly blowing the unit up...
3) Any Pointers other than mentioned above...

Thanks

Ray
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Thrun
Valued Contributor

Re: Disable Proliant 5000R interlock

Greetings. What I normally do is take a pen (metal one would work best)or a old Key and even a screw would work (like the rail kit screws for instance) but for my personal preference a SPACE PEN always worked best... Anyway take the top lid off and jam the Pen/Screw/Key/ in sideways in the interlock near the front of the server. By doing this at least you can troubleshoot the shutdown.

From my experience with the 5000r's I would and I know you checked this would be to resocket the CPU boards and memory boards several times and ensure that the cover plates that keep them in place are on correct. I would then verify that the SCSI cable is not cut or disconnected and recheck the Power Cables etc....

Hope this helps....

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254879〈=en&cc=us

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&locale=en_US&docIndexId=179911&taskId=101&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=254879