ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752584 Members
4434 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disable / Re-Enable F10 on Proliant 1600 (E34)

SOLVED
Go to solution
George_195
Occasional Advisor

Disable / Re-Enable F10 on Proliant 1600 (E34)

I have managed finally to solve every problem but this one.

Does anyone know how I can disable the F10 (System Setup) at startup and if it is possible to re-enable it if I need to.
7 REPLIES 7
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Re: Disable / Re-Enable F10 on Proliant 1600 (E34)

Why would you want to do that ?
George_195
Occasional Advisor

Because the server is in an unsecure area and people have changed system settings on other machines before now.... If I disable the F10 process, I can stop them from doing this and then only re-enable it if I want to change something myself.

George
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

George unfortunately there is no function to do that, however you might be able to set IM to send you Critical Updates or Pager if some one accessed or restart box.
George_195
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for you answer...I'm not sure if I explained myself properly:-

When the system boots-up I get the 'F10 Setup' message. I want to be able to disable that message, But before I could do that I would need to make sure that I could get it back at a later date if the need arises... I am aware that there is a way if turning the message off but I'm not sure how to do it and don't know if I could turn it on again if needed.

George
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor
Solution

Normally F10 always show up at POST, there was some instances where F10 disappears, however it was measured as non-standard. System Partition itself don't have feature to set Password. Only one-way is: if you can mage trough Fdisk and someway mage boot sector to keep partition as inactive and denying access to it after pressing F10.
George_195
Occasional Advisor

Thanks, that means that what I am looking for doesn't exist, which is the answer I was looking for..

I drastically need to find some learning material for this server and then how to set it up with backoffice 4.5

Thanks for your patients with my lack of server knowledge... :)

George
dh6_

Hi

You can disable / enable the F10 prompt in the bios, F9 during POST and look for server security settings.