5751 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Disable Serial connector DL 360

Geraldo45
Advisor

Disable Serial connector DL 360

Hi All

I know within the BIOS you can disable serial ports both embedded and virtual but I need to know which option disables the serial connector that is at the back of the server.  The server in question is a DL 365, I do not have the option of a test to see which option actually disables it.

Thanks in advance.

Geraldo

3 REPLIES 3
TVVJ
HPE Pro

If the server is upto or below DL365 up to Generation 5 series, then in ROM-Based Setup Utility (RBSU), disable the following options:

a. Embedded Serial Ports: 

System Options > Embedded Serial Port A > Disable

System Options > Embedded Serial Port B > Disable

b. BIOS Serial Console & EMS menu:

BIOS Serial Console Port > Disable

If the server is either DL360 Generation 6 ,7 or 8, then disable the following options:

a. SystemOptions > Serial Port Options > Embedded Serial Port > Disable

b. BIOS Serial Console & EMS > BIOS Serial Console Port > Disabled

This would ensure any setting for the serial ports are disabled.

The RBSU user guide is available at the following link for your reference:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00191707/c00191707.pdf

To run the RBSU, restart the server and press the F9 key at POST prompt. If the RBSU does not load, it means the prompt has been missed, better to keep tapping the F9 key as soon as the server is restarted!!!

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

Geraldo45
Advisor

Thanks for replying, basically we have a larger number of servers that have HP UPS's.  On some of those servers the HP Power Protector can detect the UPS and see it in Device Manager and on other servers the HP Power Protector icon cannot detect the UPS and nor is it in Device Manager.

TVVJ
HPE Pro

It is possible some servers may be connected through serial cable and some through USB and that connected through USB may be displayed. Refer to the following advisory. This may apply to this situation:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=332176&prodTypeId=329290&objectID=c03415644

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo