5941 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disable feature board on ML330 G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
matt_197

Disable feature board on ML330 G2

Anybody know how to do this? I don't want to use the feature board. Whenever I take it out it won't boot. I've disabled the NIC and Controller but there are no options to disable the intergrated video. If I put in a new video card it wont boot either. Is there a dip switch or something I can set? thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor
Solution

What do you mean disable it? It's part of the server. If you mean to disable the scsi controller or nic or possibly something else on it, then this can be done through the ROM based setup (F9). You can go into the utility and select pci devices. When you select this you should be able to disable the different devices (or change the IRQ). As you've already found out, it's not possible to just pull it out.

On the system board, next to the memory, you should see a switch bank with 8 switches. Turn switch # 1 on. This will disable the embedded video. If you need to install a pci video adapter install it into slot #5. This is likely the only slot you'll even have a chance of getting it to work in.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
matt_197

What do you mean disable it? It's part of the server. If you mean to disable the scsi controller or nic or possibly something else on it, then this can be done through the ROM based setup (F9). You can go into the utility and select pci devices. When you select this you should be able to disable the different devices (or change the IRQ). As you've already found out, it's not possible to just pull it out.

- I've Already disabled the nic and controller but couldn't disable the video. By your logic the nic is "part of the server" as well. It is a card capable of being pulled out. It's not embedded. Don't see why it would need it if I put in a seperate controller, video card, and nic.

On the system board, next to the memory, you should see a switch bank with 8 switches. Turn switch # 1 on. This will disable the embedded video. If you need to install a pci video adapter install it into slot #5. This is likely the only slot you'll even have a chance of getting it to work in.

- I will try this...thanks. Do you know what all the dip switches do on that bank?
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

You're correct, it's not embedded, but it's still required for the server to come up. Part of what makes this machine a "server" is on that board.

In the maintenance switch bank:
1 Embedded Video
OFF - Enabled
ON - Disabled

2 Configuration Lock
OFF - Normal Operation
ON - Configuration changes cannot be made.

3 Tower/Rack Configuration
OFF - Tower
ON - Rack

4 Diskette Boot Control
OFF - Enable diskette boot
ON - Disable diskette boot

5 Password
OFF - Normal
ON - Disable password prompts

6 Clear CMOS and NVRAM
OFF - Normal
ON - when the server is powered up, all system configuration information is lost.

7 Reserved
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..