3337 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disable hardware on Proliant 1850R

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Remkiewicz

Disable hardware on Proliant 1850R

Does anyone know how to disable embedded hardware on a Proliant 1850R? The reason that I'm asking is that I thought I disabled the hardware using the system configuration utility, but for some reason Windows 2003 still detects the hardward and tries to install the driver.

My ultimate goal is to install HP Network And Configuration Utility 7 for Windows 2003 but can't because the Utility detects the card that I tried to disable (Utility doesn't support TLAN cards). Does anyone have any ideas to solve this issue?

System Configuration:
HP/Compaq Proliant 1850R
ROM Version P07 2/14/2002
4 REPLIES 4
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor
Solution

Mark:

You are doing what is necessary to "disable" a component in the server. You need to do it with the SCU. When you disable the device in the SCU, did you "save" the new configuration (Press F10 twice to save and exit)

The next thing I would do is disable the hardware profile in Device Manager (Right Click > Disable). Make sure the device has been disabled there and the software cannot use it, even if Win2003 picks it up.

Let us know if this does not help?

G'luck! -john
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Mark Remkiewicz

When you disable the device in the SCU, did you "save" the new configuration (Press F10 twice to save and exit).

Yes, I did the process twice in fact to make sure the setting were saved (entered SCU disabled the hardware, rebooted, entered SCU again, verified that the hardware was disabled and saved it again).

The next thing I would do is disable the hardware profile in Device Manager (Right Click > Disable). Make sure the device has been disabled there and the software cannot use it, even if Win2003 picks it up.

I did this, but still doesn't help. The Network and Configuration Utility still detects the network card.
JohnWRuffo
Honored Contributor

Mark:

I am not sure, you may have to call HP on that to get a better answer. It may be doing hardware bios calls and detecting it.

No chance of you running the earlier versions? just kidding. Give HP a call... I can't be certain of the underlying engineering.
Enjoy!

Do you need help with your HP product?
Try this: http://www.hp.com/support/hpgt
Mark Remkiewicz

Thanks John.