5430 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Disabling ILO on Proliant DL380 G7 Problem

mladres
Occasional Visitor

Disabling ILO on Proliant DL380 G7 Problem

Hi,

I am trying to disable ILO on a Proliant DL380G7 server but the Lights-Out Functionality global setting is still showing as Enable (with check mark) after clicking Apply.

Lights-out configuration utility version is 3.1.1.0

Thank you in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Lincy_Zachariah
Valued Contributor

Re: Disabling ILO on Proliant DL380 G7 Problem

Hi,

When iLO RBSU is enabled, the iLO Option ROM prompts you to press F8 to start iLO RBSU. If iLO is disabled or iLO RBSU is disabled, the prompt is not displayed.

Press F8 during POST to enter iLO RBSU.
Select Settings→Configure, and then press Enter.
The Global iLO 3 Settings menu open
Select the iLO 3 ROM-Based Setup Utility option, and press the spacebar to toggle the setting to Enabled or Disabled
Press F10 to save the settings.
Select File→Exit to close iLO RBSU.

This setting enables or disables iLO RBSU. The iLO Option ROM prompts you to press F8 to start iLO RBSU, but if iLO is disabled or iLO RBSU is disabled, this prompt is not displayed.

mladres
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for your reply

I've been doing this with other HP boxes, disabling ILO using Lights-out configuration utility and it is working.

Does this mean that disabling ILO 3 on Proliant DL380G7 using Lights-out configuration utility under Windows is not supported?

Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Not being familiar with using this tool w/Windows I don't have an answer, but I am curious as to why you got the through the trouble of disbaling iLO? If your not going to use the device,  isn't just not plugging a cable into the port enough? Is there some gain to actually disabling the device?

Thanks

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum!