1754021 Members
7097 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disabling fan warning

Gabriel Billington

Disabling fan warning

Hi,

I have a Proliant 1600 giving the error "1611-I/O Fan Failure Detected". All fans are working, so the error appears faulty.

Is there any way to disable this warning? It causes an automated shutdown.

I found this link:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=450132

but it doesn't appear to answer the question.

Thanks for any assistance.

--
Gabriel
3 REPLIES 3
Chris Turnbull
Valued Contributor

Gabriel,

Have you tried reseating the fans and checking the connections? A fan can trigger as faulty even if it is running - I had this on a 1600 once. If possible, try swapping out the fan(s) for the ones from a 'good' 1600 - this is a reasonably straightforward thing to do, and if you move the 'dubious' fans into the 'good' box you have a test if the fault moves. Make sure you mark the 'good' fans before you start swapping around!
If you don't have a spare 1600 (or at least one you can take down to borrow the fans for a while!) you should be able to pick up a spare fan cheap on eBay - try searching for the Compaq replacement part # (in the format nnnnnn-nnn i.e. 271992-001) - this number should be on the fan somewhere.
Gabriel Billington

Howdy,

I actually have replaced the fan that broke, but now the error is still popping up. I know some motherboards have a switch to disable the warning, which is what I'd like to do.
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

I think I wouldn't disable the warning since whenever there is an issue it will not get noticed, you should be able to clear the log if it still appears then you need to ask HP how to reset the error after the fan replacement.

Rgds

HGN