cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnect from Network after installing Windows 2003 SP2

Tom Riley1
Advisor

Disconnect from Network after installing Windows 2003 SP2

I read the thread http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1128223 , but my customer's circumstances are somewhat different, and I didn't see an actual resolution. My customer installed SP2 on a number of DL360 G5 servers and in testing, no problem. In production, when running backups, each disconnected from the network at some point in the backup cycle. Some on incrementals, the rest at full backups. Each server was accessible from the console and they were able to do graceful shut down or restart. They never experienced the BSOD. They went through a number of steps to resolve this, ultimately disabling RSS and the TOE features as discussed in the other thread. At this point, they are not experiencing any problems using the workaround. Does anyone know if there is a resolution available? The Microsoft resolution has no effect, only the disabling seems to work. Everything I read seems to indicate it is a joint problem with Microsoft and HP, MS for the RSS, and HP for the TOE, but I don't see a fix. Thanks