108723 Solutions
New Discussion

Disk Activity Alert

Mike Jones 2
Occasional Contributor

Disk Activity Alert

Hi,

Disk Activity (1 D:) 16/12/2007 04:26 1
The following disk has low idle time, which may cause slow response time when reading or writing files to the disk.

Disk: 1 D:

Review the Disk Transfers/sec and % Idle Time counters for the PhysicalDisk performance object. If the Disk Transfers/sec counter is consistently below 150 while the % Idle Time counter remains very low (close to 0), there may be a problem with the disk driver or hardware.

If the review shows that the disk is functioning properly, use Task Manager to determine which processes are causing the majority of the disk activity. You can attempt to correct the problem by stopping and then restarting those processes.

You can disable this alert or change its threshold by using the Change Alert Notifications task in the Server Management Monitoring and Reporting taskpad.

i get the following disk activity alert, nearly every day when clearly there is no disk activity at 4:30am on the server. wondering what the problem could be, possibly something with firmware on my sata drives?

i have 3.5gb ram and a quadcore xeon processor..ML370 G5
1 REPLY 1
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: Disk Activity Alert

Hello Mike,
Is the Firmware for all components on the server updated ? If not, Download the Firmware Maintenance CD 7.91 & boot the server.
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodNameId=3279719&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=1121474&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#2913

Then Monitor the server for a day or two.

:) Regards.