108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk Firmware CDROM

SOLVED
Go to solution
John_Timmins

Disk Firmware CDROM

Hi!

I have been searching for a while but can't find where to download the latest disk firmware CDROM, I think it was called a "Storage Firmware" CD that covered firmware for all HP/Compaq SCSI cards, SCSI Disks and maybe even all Tape drives.

I have downloaded it in the past from HP but have lost it :-(

I have a server failing to boot properly because of the "Disk X needs a firmware update..." message - Probably caused by replacing a faulty disk, but you aren't informed of the firmware mismatch until the next reboot!

Does anyone know the exact name of the download I need, or where to get it. It was a CDROM ISO image (large) file.

Thanks,
John.
6 REPLIES 6
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

Also for SCSI HDD, in general you have to use HDD model in HP.com
to get the update or firmware, the links for this document are not working

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=2510357&prodTypeId=15351&objectID=c00792595

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
John_Timmins

Thanks Karlo.

The second link was it... "Firmware Maintenance CD". I am downloading now...
KarloChacon
Honored Contributor

hi

ok apply it and let us know the result

regards
Didn't your momma teach you to say thanks!
John_Timmins

Downloaded V7.91 of the Firmware Maintenance CD, burnt to CD and booted server from it (DL380G3). Message says I need V7.40b or earlier :-( Searching for "Firmware Maintenance CD 7.40b" on HP's site found the file easily with all 7.xx versions listed. Downloading again...
John_Timmins

OK, earlier version of the Firmware Maintenance CD downloaded to suit server model and generation.

Booted server into Windows and inserted CD - It seemed to be able to do the system board and SCSI controllers but not the disks.

Booted server from CD - HP kernel started and all disks, cards etc were detected and firmware was updated successfully. Fantastic!

I also upgraded the disks on an array in a production server - to my surprise the array was still intact after the upgrade & reboot. I'd suggest you don't upgrade disk firmware in a production array! But it worked for me ;-)

Case closed, thanks for your help!