Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk Mirroring

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Disk Mirroring

Hello,
I have a ProLiant ML 330 Server running Windows 2000 Server. The server has two 18.2 BB SCSI hard drives and a SCSI AT Tape drive installed in it. I go through the Smart Start setup. Everything installs just fine. I access the disk management service within Windows 2000. I enable dynamic disk on both of the physical disks. I then mirror the partitions that I want mirrored. After I rebut the system from installing an application I am no longer able to boot off of the primary drive. I rebut the system again and watch as the BOOS tests the SCSI connections. The drive that the SO is installed has failed.

I flatline the system. Go thru the long process of getting the system back up to speed. I once again enable the dynamic disk and disk mirroring feature within Windows 2000. I experience the same result as before when I reboot the system. The primary disk has "failed" during boot.

If I do not enable dynamic disk, the server works just fine. Whenever I enable dynamic disk, the primary hard drive fails. I have set up the dynamic disk function and performed disk mirroring on a number of systems running Windows 2000 Server and I have never experienced this problem. Can someone please help me.....

-Dee
3 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Disk Mirroring

Are you using SP1 for Win2K? Do you have OUR drivers for the controller installed?
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am also faced with this problem. I have 3 ML330 servers running Win2000 server with SP1 and chose to not over write the Compaq drivers.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I am having the same problem with the ML330e and ata drives.
everything works fine until I switch the disks to be dynamic.
but when I try to mirror my c drive, the system freezes, and I have to reboot the system manually. when it reboots, the mirror is gone. each time I try to setup the mirror the same thing happns. I run windows 2000 sp2 and I have downloaded the latest ATA driver with no success.
Does anybody know what to do next?

Thanks
Olivier