1753499 Members
4371 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk faliure Proliant DL380G3

Per Tillberg
Occasional Advisor

Disk faliure Proliant DL380G3

I have a problem with disk failure. I have tried 2 disks that i knew is working fine in other servers (same model of disk). I have upgraded Raid controller firmware and installed the latest support pack. Now I am starting to run out of ides. I attach a file with a printout of System management if it is to any help.
I would be grateful for any help you can give.
Best regard Per Tillber
7 REPLIES 7
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,
strange issue, you drive looks to be identified well and clearly not working. Are you sure it works in different server?

Maybe try this - in server where work update firmware to never revision, see http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3676500&prodTypeId=329290&prodSeriesId=254961&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=54

Maybe it helps

Jan
Per Tillberg
Occasional Advisor

Thanks i will try it and let you knew the result.
/P
Per Tillberg
Occasional Advisor

Well i tried to install the firmware but i get error code "Write Buffer Failed with return code:1035
Any suggestions?
Rackem4me
Frequent Advisor

This could be a problem with the slot that the drive is in. Check cable connections and look for dust bunnies in the slot.
Per Tillberg
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your help so far. I have ordered new disks anyway to be shore. Picked it apart and cleaned it. Won├в t start the server again until I get the disks. We will see what happens tomorrow.
Per Tillberg
Occasional Advisor

I have changed the disk in slot 0 to a brand new disk it rebuilt the disk and it worked fine for one day. Now the new disk and disk in slot 3 shows up as broken.
I also get a Registry hive (file): software was corrupt and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.
The server is running sql 2008 on server 2003 x86.
Any ideas?

/Pelle
Per Tillberg
Occasional Advisor

Disk backplain?