5163 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk mirroring in Proliant ML370 G4

BEN EZZAHHAF Taoufik
Occasional Contributor

Disk mirroring in Proliant ML370 G4

Hello,

I have a ProLiant ML370 G4 with a smart array controller 641 (6 disks, 72 Go each) configured in RAID 1+0. Operating System is redhat linux ES 3.

My question is:
Is there any command to show exactly mirroring is done between which disks
(ex: disk 1 is the mirror of disk 2)

Thanks

Taoufik

4 REPLIES 4
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

no.
this mirrorring is not so simple anymore.
The array controller has "more" brains than in the first days of disk-mirroring.

Raid-1 is "replaced" by raid-0+1
raid-0 is is data is devided in "stripes" and stripes are stored on different disks in the raid-set.
Raid-1 means the whole disk is mirrored.
raid-0+1 means "stripes" are mirrored.
in effect some stripes of disk-0 are mirrored to disk-1 but stripes of disk-1 and mirrored onto disk-0.

so there is no master/slave relationship in the mirrorset anymore.

Pieter
BEN EZZAHHAF Taoufik
Occasional Contributor

Hi and thanks for the answer,

In fact I don't care about the relation master/slave, all I want to know is the mirroring correspondance between my hard drives.

Thanks
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

then probably you just want the output from the ACU (Array Configuration Utility, part of the proliant support pack).
when installed this giver the info you need.

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/software-management/acumatrix/sw-drivers.html

Pieter
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

RAID 1+0 in HP (and previous in CPQ) means that first are created mirrors (RAID 1) and than such mirrors are striped (RAID 0). On HPQ array controllers in one pair are mirrored drives with lowest SCSI ID (for example 4 drives - 2 with 3 and 10 with 11) or, if you have two channels, lowest id from first channel and lowest id from second channel).
regards,
Andrzej Kowalik