ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1748230 Members
4213 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disk monitoring/alerting without SIM for a DL180 Gen9?

Pantani37-35
Occasional Visitor

Disk monitoring/alerting without SIM for a DL180 Gen9?

Hi,

We have a Proliant DL180 Gen9 server configured with Server 2012 R2 as a DC. This is currently the only server in a small business, although this may change in the future. We need some kind of disk monitoring/alerting - I have looked at installing System Insight Manager, but HP do not support SIM on a DC.

I'm open to suggestions? I cannot believe HP don't have some kind of solution for small businesses that run single servers as DCs!

Thank you

Tony

3 REPLIES 3
Jimmy Vance
HPE Pro

Re: Disk monitoring/alerting without SIM for a DL180 Gen9?

using iLO and HP AMS might be the solution you're looking for

one paper on AMS

http://h20565.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03488111&lang=en-us&cc=us

No support by private messages. Please ask the forum! 
Pantani37-35
Occasional Visitor

Having a quick read.. It still appears you require a HP Manaagement server (SIM) for AMS: -

'To manage a ProLiant Gen8 server using Agentless Management, your management server must use HP SIM 7.0 or later.'

scotts1
Collector

In Linux (not sure about Windows) if you install the HP SNMP agents and configure SNMP you can monitor this via Nagios. There is an plugin that will probe your host via SNMP and look for issues. The agents can also send traps to Nagios which you can alert on.

Alternately, the same agents (or is it the hp-health package... not sure) write to my log files. If you have centralized logging you can alert on those bad disk log entries.

Alternately, for disk alerting only, you can write a powershell script which calls hpssacli (or the windows equivilant) and searches for the work "Fail" in the output. If it sees a failed disk it sends an email.