New Discussion юеВ

Re: Disk on DL580 G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
N3oTraX
Occasional Advisor

Disk on DL580 G2

Hello,

I just install 3 new disks on may proliant but when I start it, the screen show the 4 processors detection and stop just after loading that... What's the problem please ?

Kind regards
9 REPLIES 9
TTr
Honored Contributor

Try removing the 3 new disks to see if that was the cause of the problem. If the problem persisits, check for any error/status lights in front and inside the server.
N3oTraX
Occasional Advisor

Already done... The problem persist :S
But just before I install the 3 new disks the server was good... Now he doesn't want to continue even if I remove the 3 new disks...
TTr
Honored Contributor

Did you open the server up to install any raid controllers? Something may have been disturbed when you plugged in the disks.

Check out the srvice guide and look in Ch 3,4 and 5. Check if any status light show the failure.

If you don't find anything, you may want to consider openingt he server and start removing components such as most of the memory, add-on cards etc. to see if it starts up.
TTr
Honored Contributor
Solution

N3oTraX
Occasional Advisor

I didn't install any raid controller... The only additionnal card is a Gigabit lan card...
Quickfind code return 2d code on the led port 84. It's the only thing that I can view now :S
N3oTraX
Occasional Advisor

I don't find any port 84 codes referring table... Do you know where can I get one ?
N3oTraX
Occasional Advisor

So 2d code is "test timer 2" on server Bl types... I don't know what is it :S...
I continue to search.
N3oTraX
Occasional Advisor

Found !

Some memory on the mem1 slot where dead... I'm disapointed because no leds warn about this on any warn panels :S

Thanks for your help !
N3oTraX
Occasional Advisor

It's long, but you must read carefully HP documentation, and seach a bit the failure...
Tanks to TTR for it's help :)