4274 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Disks errors

Salami
Advisor

Disks errors

Hi All,
We are running an exchange cluster on two Proliant DL380 G2. Recently,we ran into several event viewer errors, for examples:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: lpxnds
Event Category: None
Event ID: 117

Description:
The driver for device \Device\Scsi\lpxnds1 detected a port timeout due to prolonged inactivity. All associated busses were reset in an effort to clear the condition.

Event Source: hpap
Description:
An unrecoverable path failure occurred on SCSI address Port 4 P1 T1 L33. Device \Device\Scsi\Hp_MpIo0Port0Path0Target4Lun33 is still accessible over the redundant path(s).
Data:

Event Source: Disk
Event ID: 15

Description:
The device, \Device\Harddisk2, is not ready for access yet.

Event Source: PlugPlayManager

Description:
The device 'HP A6188A SCSI Disk Device' (SCSI\Disk&Ven_HP&Prod_A6188A&Rev_HP16\4&22afc812&0&1122) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

Event Source: hpap
Event ID: 2

Description:
An unrecoverable path failure occurred on SCSI address Port 4 P1 T1 L33. Device \Device\Scsi\Hp_MpIo0Port0Path0Target99Lun33 failed due to no redundant paths available.

Obviously that looks bad, but the server is still running ok for now.
3 REPLIES 3
Alan C. Aho

Re: Disks errors

I too am having the same issues. Please post any reply or solution. Thank you.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Looks like you have multiple paths to one disk device, for example dual HBAs, and one of the paths is not working (hba failure, cable, switch port), or one of the storage controllers is having problems.

Start a hardware revision.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Markus Gross
Occasional Contributor

I have the same Problem and now i need to know what solves this failure.
Was it from the MPIO DSM Software (update) or from one of the switches/calbes...

Thanks for your response.