ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Driver corrupt after installing Compaq SSD 2.20..

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Display Driver corrupt after installing Compaq SSD 2.20..

Nice :-(

I installed Compaq SSD 2.20. It found my ATI Rage IIC card in the server. I choose the upgrade button. Now the display driver is corrupt. I can't choose anything else but VGA 16 colors. The system had ServicePack 6a installed. When I want to change the colors or resolution and I press the Apply button, the system generates a Blue Screen of Death...

Anyone had the same prob?

Thanks,

Andy.
4 REPLIES
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Display Driver corrupt after installing Compaq SSD 2.20..

If you're running pc anywhere it can force the video to 16 colors. Make sure you're not running anything else that carries it's own video driver as a service or application.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

I've had a similar problem... NT 4.0 SP5 and Exchange 5.5 SP3 was installed on my ProLiant 7000. A pcAnywhere 9.2 service was installed but disabled on the server.
After upgrading to SSD 2.20 the system rebootet; the system had been "frozen" - no chance to deinstall SSD.
It seems that the Compaq guys who are responsible for testing SSD did their job no right this time... And wouldn't it be nice if they posted a re-message to your post a LITTLE bit earlier?
I hope they're doing their job much better in the future. It took 33 hours to do the restore of our Exchange Server!
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Well indeed, I'm running PCAnywhere 9.2. It worked before the SSD installation, so why doesn't it work after... I'm afraid of changing anything to the system, because it's our Productive SAP server :-(. I can believe that PCAnywhere forces my display driver to 16 colors, but it's not normal that I can select 1 by 1 pixel and much of other strange stuff.... What should be the procedure to solve this?

Andy.
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Solution: Remove the video driver using SSD 2.20 and restore it with the driver from SSD 2.16a. You do not need to reboot....