ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752650 Members
5564 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Display Problem on Proliant 5500

N N Chandna

Display Problem on Proliant 5500

When I start our Server, nothing gets displayed on the Monitor. There is no sound either. It initializes the perepherals in the begining but nothing gets displayed.

Can anybody help.
5 REPLIES 5
Robin_37
Trusted Contributor

Can you check weather you can ping to the server from remote machine, try to start the server using minimum hardware, do u have a Remote insight board in the server? try using different monitor.
HGN
Honored Contributor

Hi

Does the server come up at all after sometime or does it stay like that , if it stays like that there are a few things you need to look,

Maybe try to re-seat all the cards
Try powering on with minimum configuration by removing all other cards
If all these do not work and if you have support contract it is better to call HP and let them know.
It could be a motherboard or powersupply or even memory issue.

Rgds

HGN
E Evans
Advisor

The 5500 as far as I can remember doesn't give a display for up to a minute as it is intialising other devices, (I may be thinking of the 6500 though) if it has an LCD display on the front look at this and when it displays testing or intialising video then the screen should flick on.

Other reasons that there is no display is that the onboard video is disabled, check your switch settings on the motherboard, or it has an Remote insight board installed therefore the monitor needs connecting to this.
N N Chandna

Dear Mr Robin

I have tried pinging, it does not ping from any of the network machine. I have also tryied installing an additional PCI card, nothing gets displayed.
Dave_180
Valued Contributor

Does the server have an IMD (Integrated Management Display aka little LCD screen on the front)?

Does it have a Remote Insight Board?

Any interlock lights - although I'd assume if fans spin then the interlocks are working.

Lots of things it could be.