1753730 Members
4846 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Dl 180 G6 can not boot after install NC522SPF

Astolf
Occasional Advisor

Dl 180 G6 can not boot after install NC522SPF

I have DL180 G6 installed with Windows Server 2008 x64 and it works properly. When I install NC522SPF the system cannot boot.

When I plug it, the system shows me that the BMC SDRR is reconfigured. It updates from 2.17.0.199 to 2.17.0.194.

I also check the RBSU, the hard/disk boot Smart Array is dissapeared and after the boot screen, only a white cursor is blink in a blank screen. It can't boot.

When I plug out the NC522SPF, windows server 2008 boot normally.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Thanks a lot.
9 REPLIES 9
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

Re: Dl 180 G6 can not boot after install NC522SPF

Hi, searched around a little for it and didn't find anything conclusive about errors before OS booted.

Only thing I saw about it was that it requires 2GB RAM per NIC installed..

One thing you could try would be to try to install it in the other PCI slot?
Astolf
Occasional Advisor

I try to install in all slots and I just update all firmwares.

And it fails with the same error.

I can't understand it.
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

No settings regarding PCI or the NIC that can have changed? Tried to clear NVRAM?
If you have another server you could try it there. Or if you have another PCIe card you can see if that works in the slot.
Astolf
Occasional Advisor

Another card works properly in the slots.

I try to plug these card in another server (DL360 G5) and it works properly.

I don't know how can I clear the NVRAM!
Johan Guldmyr
Honored Contributor

To clear CMOS you can use the system maintenance switch (DIP switch on the system board). Set Jumper A to clear CMOS.

It is located on the same "level/height" as the small PCIe slot and to the edge of the system board.

You could also possible do this via the RBSU or the BIOS after loading the computer. Just make sure you don't erase your whole system.
Astolf
Occasional Advisor

No changes..
marcus1234
Honored Contributor

hi,
the nic is listed in quickspecs
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/13248_na/13248_na.html#Additional%20Options

HP NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Server Adapter
NOTE: A minimum of two Gigabytes (2 GB) of server memory is required per each NC522SFP adapter.

if all firmwares are in place , reboot server select bios defaultsnow with no ram or pci cards at all reboot

then again reboot with ram only ensure this is hp ram important not just compatible,:)

now install card with MIN memory allowed for the nic 2gb

a secondary note
did you use this cd ?
Easy Set-up CD

Easy Set-up CDs are available on all 100-series G6 servers and are also available as an ISO image web download. HP ProLiant Easy Set-up CDs provide easy, step-by-step, single and multi-server server utilities for the ProLiant 100-series G6 servers to streamline server setup for 100-series G6 servers. The user experience is consistent with SmartStart and offers the following capabilities

if the above is done and post does not complete looks like a dud nic, only other reasonable step is to try it in a another server, to ensure this , and of course to trya compatible nic from quickspecs for cros verifiction,,
let us know results
Creek
Frequent Advisor

Another question -- what BIOS version does this system have on it?
Astolf
Occasional Advisor

Hi!

Thanks to everybody, but its no possible to solve this problem.

I just talk with HP Support and they says me that the motherboard is damaged and it must be changed.

On monday I will have a technician to do it.

Thanks for you time!