ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753805 Members
8206 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Dl 380 G3 Network Teaming Issue - Windows 2003

Dariusz Szewczak

Dl 380 G3 Network Teaming Issue - Windows 2003

I have experienced an issue with a DL 380 G# server after a recent reboot, this is after the NC7781 net card drivers were updated.
The issue is after a server reboot, the cards came up and the NIC team that I had setup previously did not work. I dissolved the team and tied to recreate it, no avail.
Have updated the teaming software to version 7.71, the network card drivers are level 7.80. Tried to recreated the team, nothing happened, apart from a 'HP Network Teaming Virtual Driver' being installed. Once I rebooted (server hanged on shutdown so had to be switched off), and tried again, another 'HP Network Teaming Virtual Driver' has been installed. Now I have a total of 3 of these virtual drivers but still no teaming is available to me (see attachment).
Tried removing the HP Network Configuration Utility, and reinstalling now the Utility does not work either.
Tried to uninstall these miniport virtual drivers via the drice manager, each time I try this all that happens is the Device Manger MMC' hangs.
Need help URGENTLY please. Thanks to anyone that can help out.
4 REPLIES 4
Ruegg Armin

exact same situation. running it for the time being on just 1 NIC.
Allan_43

Do you have Network Load Balancing running on any of the NIC's if so either remove NLB or unteam the NIC's had this issue the other day.
Dariusz Szewczak

The problem is I uninstalled teaming as I have 3 virtual adapters present. Once I uninstalled the teaming utility the virtual adapters stayed.
Kyle Bassman
Advisor

To everyone in this thread:

I am having the same exact issue. I also am just running on 1 NIC currently. I updated my server with the newest suppport pack, and this happened.

Did anyone find a resolution to this problem yet ?