1752861 Members
4193 Online
108790 Solutions
New Discussion

Dl140 g3 Intel VT problems.

Netraven

Dl140 g3 Intel VT problems.

Hello!

I have a problem with 1 of 2  servers  Proliant DL140 g3 (bios 1.18 - last )

5140 Hot Plug SATA/SAS (Rack1U XeonDC 2.33Ghz(4Mb)/8x4gb(32) /SAS RAID(1/0)/noLFF HDD(2)/noCD.noFDD/2xGigEth, 36GB 15k LFF SAS 3.5" HotPlug Single Port Universal Hard Drive ).  

I installed  Xenserver 5.5.0  normally on first server.   The are 5 windows VMs on it now.

But on second I can do this with 'Intel VT' bios option switched off only!  Server rebooting every time  after 'intstall.img' have  loaded. Then I installed xenserver 6.2  without "Intel VT ON" for tests.

When I removed one CPU from second socket  xenserver started normally ( with Intel VT) on both CPUs in  first socket.

But all of tests from HP insight diagnostics CD passed clean before. And  any tests from  the alternative  sysadmins boot usb passed  too (win8PE)...

Now I see on Summary Screen  on boot : "Processors enabled 1 of 2 ..." But both CPUs are installed again.  And all test are passed clean now again for all CPUs and Cores.  The xenserver 6.2 shows me 2 CPUs and 4 Cores  from xsconsole ( of course  without Intel VT enabled).   What can I do  for normal boot   with 2 CPUs  and  Intell VT switched on ? I did reset of BIOS  settings several times but had no results.

1 REPLY 1
JACOBPAR
Occasional Advisor

Re: Dl140 g3 Intel VT problems.

Reboot the Host and go into the BIOS, disable vt, save BIOS settings, power down the Host (unplug power cord at least 60 sec.!). Start the Host and go into the BIOS, enable vt, save BIOS settings, power down the Host (unplug power cord again!). Boot the Host.