ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1752577 Members
4982 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Dl380 will not power on / Red health LED / iLo Available

Snedie

Dl380 will not power on / Red health LED / iLo Available

I recently purchased a used DL380 G3 server (Three of them to be precise) but it will not power on.

I do have access to the iLO but I do not have a valid username and password for it so I am unable to get a status report on the server's hardware.

On the system board the following LED's are illuminated amber:
- D910
- CR25

Any help withh tis problem is greatly appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Re: Dl380 will not power on / Red health LED / iLo Available

hello,
check this:
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-an-iLO-Password

Maybe it helps.

Jan
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Here's a link to the Maintenance and Service Guide for DL380 G3:

http://bizsupport1.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00065010/c00065010.pdf

Page 90 identifies the system board LEDs. Unfortunately it does not use the codes you posted, only locations and "human-readable" names. I don't have access to a DL380 I could open up and examine at the moment.

On the following pages, there are tables of various fault indications and their possible causes.

MK
MK
Snedie

Thanks for both the replies.

As for the iLO, the server will not turn on, which renders manual password changes useless. I did find an SNMP script that supposedly allows for the changing of the password but I have yet to try it. If it worked however I would be able to get an accurate diagnostic of what is wrong.

In regards to the pdf, I did attempt to consult this earlier but I think it is either inacurate or missing a section as it does not show the whole of the motherboard in the diagram.

However, going from what is available it's looking like a PPM failure. I will have to try removing it, but will this require the removal of the associated cpu too?

Thanks