ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1753440 Members
4658 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Do I change a P410 array controller even if the testing says it might be ok???

SOLVED
Go to solution
Popinator
Occasional Contributor

Do I change a P410 array controller even if the testing says it might be ok???

Hello again all, I posted previously about possibly upgrading a P410/256 controller without  battery backed bbwc to one with a bbwc and I received no answer, so I'll try a different approach. I had a terrible failure that cost me a lot of time and some data. I ran tests as per instructions of an HP service rep.  The results showed that the controller was OK except no bbwc. My simple question is this even with the test results showing that the controller is OK would I be better off changing out the controller and adding a bbwc or just keep the old controller and adding bbwc to it. Please I need some advice on this matter.

Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor
Solution

Re: Do I change a P410 array controller even if the testing says it might be ok???

Do you refer to https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/ProLiant-DL180-G6-with-a-P410-array-controller-would-like-to-go/m-p/6936172/highlight/false#M156301 ?

I posted some information there.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Loginname23
Occasional Contributor

How to configure the Controller?
Thanks

Popinator
Occasional Contributor

Again thanks for the help on the other post I am goinf to go ahead and replace the P410 controller and up it to 512 MB and add BBWC.

you have yourself a very goo and Blessed day