cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documentation for the management processor on DL145

Björn Torkelsson
Occasional Advisor

Documentation for the management processor on DL145

Where can I find (technical) documentation for the management processor on the DL145?

Neither the user guide, nor the Maintenace and Service Guide says much about the management processor.
2 REPLIES
Prashant (I am Back)
Honored Contributor

Re: Documentation for the management processor on DL145

Hi,

Management technologies
HP developed the ProLiant DL145 server as a low-cost, density-optimized solution, primarily for
clustering in HTPC environments. It includes remote management features that are critical for use in
these environments.
The ProLiant DL145 server contains an integrated ProLiant100-series Management Processor that
operates independently from the OS and is powered from auxiliary power. It provides system
administrators with access to the server at any time, even before an OS is installed on the server. This
Management Processor provides a text remote console and a command line interface, with two
methods of access (Figure 2). Connection to the Management Processor can occur through:
â ¢Serial port (for use with terminal emulation software or with existing serial infrastructure)
â ¢Dedicated management Ethernet jack (TCP/IP access over LAN using any standard Telnet utility)
7à´ Both of these industry-standard methods allow full access to the management features of the ProLiant
DL145 server. In addition, the ProLiant 100-series Management Processor is IPMI v1.5 compliant.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00115193/c00115193.pdf

Regards,
Pr
Nothing is impossible
Björn Torkelsson
Occasional Advisor

Re: Documentation for the management processor on DL145

Yeah I read the technology brief too, but I still didn't get any useful answers. For instance:

* how do I switch between the MP cli and console mode? (when using telnet)

* Can I change the timeout for a telnet session (600,600)?

* How do I do to update BIOS/MP firmware remotely? Or is that impossible?

Thats what comes to my mind right now.

/torkel