ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751921 Members
4937 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Domain Controller DNS PROBLEM

Domain Controller DNS PROBLEM

Dear all/hp:

i had purchased 4 new hp proliant dl 580 G7 Server, when i try to install active directory or DNS role i face the same problem in all the server
the wizard could not configuredns for this dns, the rpc server is unavailable, i tried the same step on Dell server and it is worked fine ..............
any solution please
8 REPLIES 8
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Not sure how the hardware would be at fault here. Do the servers have network connectivity? This problem would usually be due to some dependent service not starting or a potential firewall problem.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..
Hiren N Dave
Valued Contributor

> the rpc server is unavailable

check Remote Procedure Call (RPC) service status...
I am an HP Employee

Was this post useful? - You may click the KUDOS! star to say thank you.

Dear Sir,

yep the server has a connectivity , i enabled one network card and disabled all other NC,ABOUT THE windows firewall i disabled ,the RPC is working fine i restarted many time and it is working fine i will write to you the Messages .
the wizard could not configure DNS for the domain "x.local" however , the DNS Services was successfully installed the error was :
the RPC Server is unavaliable
simonwirral
Advisor

Sounds like a OS problem to me. Go to services and see what the status of the RPC service is. Should be Startup Type Automatic & Started. If not try and start it, see if you get any error codes, check event viewer.
is there more to this box of bits???

Dear Sir ,

the RPC is in running state, when i maually start the DNS it is automatically stopped .
the error is
DNS service stops with Event ID 7023 "A thread could not be created for the service,
and
ID 7036

i read many article is said that dns not working with too many processor...........................
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

If Windows 2003 or 2008, install all the service packs and patches. Reboot, try DNS again. Point the server DNS to your ISP DNS under TCP/IP. Then create the DNS servers. You primary domain controller should have DNS installed first. You want the active directory server to have DNS first.

Dear Sir :

the problem was solved when disable the Intel(R) hyperthreading option on bios option.
any bad action will happen when doing this...

any information about disable or enable hyperthreading .

thx
Michael A. McKenney
Respected Contributor

Disabling hyperthreading will just slow your server for somme apps that can use it. Most don't really use HT. Backup first.