1752652 Members
5606 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Download array confiuration utility with windows working

erics3000
Occasional Advisor

Download array confiuration utility with windows working

Where do I go to download the array configuration utility so I can check to see if I have a bad controller card? Windows doesnt boot so I need the bottable type to test the system. It is a proliant ML350 G3

Thanks
Eric Smith
3 REPLIES 3
Dhanesh Amirthalingam
Regular Advisor

Hi Eiucs,

Storage Controller Integrated Dual Channel Wide Ultra3 SCSI Adapter
Smart Array 641 Controller (Standard in Array Models with 2.8 GHz or greater processors only)

try with this below link

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3279705&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316537&swLang=8&taskId=135&swEnvOID=1005#113214
kris rombauts
Honored Contributor

Eric,

just boot the server and press F8 to enter the ORCA (offline rom based configuration utility for the Array controller ) and see what status the disks are in. This is more a text based utility (no graphics).

If you don't want this, just download the SmartStart cd for the ML350 and boot from it, then launch the ACU (graphical) utility.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=316537&prodNameId=3279705&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=MTX-ff528c1bc8434a01b314485325

If a controller has a h/w problem, most of the time you will get a POST error message when the BIOS for the controller loads.

Kris
HTH

Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

If windos don't start, then from Danesh's link you need the "smartstart CD".
This is a bootable CD to assist the initial configuration and OS installation.
It also contains the ACU (Array Configuration Utility) to access and configure the controller.

you can also at POST press F8 (when displayed) for accessing the rom-based ACU for the controller.