1752284 Members
5044 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Drive Firmware Update - Error=0x410

Michael Greco
Occasional Advisor

Drive Firmware Update - Error=0x410

I have noticed on one of our DL380 G5's that the drive firmware is alerting that it needs to be update. I have booted off the latest SUM DVD and it detects the drives and does say it has a firmware for them. It attempts to apply the update but errors each time with 0x410. I then attempted to apply the firmware via the CLI in my host OS (Linux). The executable does run and says to reboot, after reboot the Smart Array P400 comes up and says it will update the firmware on the drives. It then quickly fails and gives the error:

"deferred drive firmware update has stopped"

The server then continues to boot normally but on every reboot it alerts of the drive firmware.

I have drive all prior drive firmware revisions and all produce the same results.

I have also moved all 8 drives to two other servers which all produce the same results.

Attempted update in:

DL360 G6

DL380 G5

BL460c G1

BL460c G6

The hard drives are all: DH0146BALWN

And have firmware of: HPD0

I ran the offline HP Insight Diag in a loop for 48 hours and it said everything was good.

Any ideas to get the firmware to apply to these drives?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage > General to ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL).
-HP Forum Moderator

5 REPLIES 5
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

Hi,

Some times it happens that to update FW on the drive, the controller has to be at a particular firmware.

DH0146BALWN lastest firmware is HPD3 (E).

Refer to this link.

Thank You!
I am a HP employee.

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

Michael Greco
Occasional Advisor

The Firmware Dependency shows:

HP Smart Array P400/P400i with firmware version 5.20 or later

I was on 7.24 and have  downgraded to 5.20 and attempted the firmware update on the drives a second time.

The server boots and  attemps to apply and after 10 to 20 precent comes up again with:

"Deferred drive firmware update has stopped"

I attempted a SUM DVD again with the 5.20 and again it failed with the same error of 0x410

Any other ideas?

Jan Soska
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Could you try step-by-step upgrading by using older drive firmware first, then newest one?

Jan

Michael Greco
Occasional Advisor

I already tried going to HPD1 and then up through each of the different HPD3 versions.

Michael Greco
Occasional Advisor

Anyone have any other ideas?