cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Status Waiting for rebuild

AbdulAzeez
Occasional Visitor

Drive Status Waiting for rebuild

We were swapping an external tape drive to a library on our Smart Array 6i controller when our 2 arrays stopped functioning after the reboot for new hardware.

Array 1 RAID 1+0 tried to do an ASR after the first reboot while Array 2 RAID 5 Failed but came back up when we reactivated it in the ACU.

We are trying to rebuild the Array 1 Both disks show no Amber light for failure, however ond of thie disks SLOT 1 shows rebuild status via Flashing Access and Flashing HD LED's. When the Server is booting then in Windows the Access keeps flashing but the HD symbol disappers. The staus in ACU is waiting for rebuild.

We have a spare 72.8 SCSI U320 drive ready in case we require.

How can we resume rebuilding the Array withoiut losing data?
3 REPLIES
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: Drive Status Waiting for rebuild

> We were swapping an external tape drive to
> a library on our Smart Array 6i controller
> when our 2 arrays stopped functioning
> after the reboot for new hardware.

I don't think libraries are supported on the external port of a SmartArray 6i...

You'll need to connect a library to a normal SCSI card.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rob
AbdulAzeez
Occasional Visitor

Yes this is true we have already installed a new compatible SCSI card on the server.

However this issue occured while disconnecting the old standalone which was previusly attached to the Smart Array 6i.

The Library is funtioning OK but the rebuild status is still pending.

I am planing to update Array and drive firmware before attempting anything else.

Any other steps that can be taken for fixing this?
AbdulAzeez
Occasional Visitor

Heres the current status:

The disk in slot 0 - Has read errors
The disk in slot 1 - is trying rebuilding from disk 0 but since the same disk has read errors it is not able to rebuild.

Other than starting from a backup and restoring the OS and applications on Drive 0 woudl there be any other way of restoring ?

Can we use a ghost image of the drive since its still active and reimage the contents on a new drive