1753402 Members
7233 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Drive cages, BIOS etc

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Drive cages, BIOS etc

I have recently purchased a ProLiant 3000. Dual PII-333, etc... The system does not have any hard drives or cages for that matter...
Does anyone know where I can get a cage(s) for this system? I am not too concerned with high volume storage and just want to get it up and running for now.
Is there any way to get into the system BIOS?
Can I boot the system off another drive hooked up to the system board's SCSI or IDE interface and not use the RAID for now?
How do I bypass SCSI detection during boot if possible to run OS from other interface and not the RAID?
Anyone have any manuals for this machine in any format... ie: pdf

Any info will be greatly appreciated...
1 REPLY 1
Mark Cloutier
Respected Contributor

Re: Drive cages, BIOS etc

You can goto www.AMBRY.com and put in the part number 328696-001. This is the spare part number for the drive cage for that model. You can use a non-hot plug hard drive. This server will not support IDE hard drives. The system BIOS can only be seen by booting off the smartstart cd and choosing Run System Configuration Utility. Or creating this Utility via floppies. The on-board scsi controller does not support RAID. It's just a normal scsi controller. There is no way to disable the scsi detection process at POST.
I hope this helps. If not please let me know.
We are here for a good time, not a long time!