5290 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Drive options for ML150 GEN9

StefanoFereri
Advisor

Drive options for ML150 GEN9

Hi folks,

I don't understand the different drive options of ML150 GEn9 systems. Is it possible to get some help from here? So what I would like to achieve is a small Hyper-V 2012 R2 system with

-3 SFF SAS disks on P440 (RAID 1 with hotspare, controller has FBWC)

- mirrored 4GB or 6GB SATA drives for daily and/or nearline backups connected to onboard SATA connectors

- DVD-Drive

- internal LTO-2-Drive on SC11xe for long term backups, stored abroad

I would like to reuse the given LTO-2-Drive, which is connected to an Adaptec 29160 in the old server.

Is such a configuration possible? Do I need any special cages ?

Thanks for sharing your knowledge,

Stefano

2 REPLIES 2
TVVJ
HPE Pro

Hi,

You may refer to the server's QuickSpecs for more information. Further, you may refer to section "Illustrated parts catalog > Mechanical components & System components" in the server's Maintenance and service guide for more information.  The cages are for hard drives and may have groves. You may have to install a different cage for the tape drive.

Regards,

Vijayasarathy

I work for HPE
Views expressed herein are my personal opinion and are not the views of HPE

Accept or Kudo

StefanoFereri
Advisor

Ok, thanks Vijayasarathy. Tape drive is no longer an option. So I've varied my question and put it into a new thread. It's here, if you like to comment:

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/General/How-to-connect-both-SAS-and-a-SATA-RAID/td-p/6769340?notmigrated#.Vbd-Z7PtkSU

Thanks a lot for your contribution,

Stefano