1753776 Members
7358 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Driver detected controller error on Device & CAPI2 errors

Barbara Waxer

Driver detected controller error on Device & CAPI2 errors

Starting today, my event viewer is FILLED with CAPI2 events:

Failed extract of third-party root list from auto update cab at: <> with error: A required certificate is not within its validity period when verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.

and occassionally Disk errors:

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.

Noticed it in IE 8 (32-bit) when I couldn't close a tab or the program - had to end the process. I've run Norton, chkdsk, uninstalled and reinstalled Flash Player & Shockwave.
Hijack this log attached
2 REPLIES 2
Wabenzer
Occasional Collector

Re: Driver detected controller error on Device & CAPI2 errors

Mine's too and I know, it's a laptop - not a server but has the same miserable error: The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1. or DR0 and it is throwing more and more equally odd unrtealated errors. in a week. Today it's four a second! The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1. or DR0 and the apps are locking up and it takes 10 minutes to boot. Now it's throwing SQLSERVER errors adn lots of seemeingly-unrelated error:

The backing-file for the real-time session "WDC.BE95A9B1-DE15-4B78-B923-A12AB70BE951" ,

Name resolution for the name 40.51.97.97.in-addr.arpa timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded.,

.NET Runtime Optimization Service (clr_optimization_v4.0.30319_64) - 1>Failed to compile: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\bin\NETFX 4.0 Tools\ResGen.exe . Error code = 0x800700d8 ,

Volume Shadow Copy Service warning: VSS was denied access to the root of volume \\?\Volume{2f96d12e-3dd5-11e0-a207-83cbf8a810ff}\. Denying administrators from accessing volume roots can cause many unexpected failures, and will prevent VSS from functioning properly. Check security on the volume, and try the operation again.

Operation:
Removing auto-release shadow copies
Loading provider

Context:
Execution Context: System Provider

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name PINHEAD
System Manufacturer Hewlett-Packard
System Model HP Pavilion dm4 Notebook PC
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz, 2267 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Hewlett-Packard F.26, 2/14/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.6
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
User Name PINHEAD\Administrator
Time Zone Pacific Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.80 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.65 GB
Total Virtual Memory 31.2 GB
Available Virtual Memory 27.5 GB
Page File Space 23.4 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Goutham_Sabala
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Driver detected controller error on Device & CAPI2 errors

Hi

Server model ? Controller model ? and if it is a smart array controller can you post the adu report ?

Was the post useful? Say thanks by clicking the white KUDOS Star!
Goutham Sabala