4125 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Driver problem Proliant 7000 win2003server

SOLVED
Go to solution
Jan den Toonder

Driver problem Proliant 7000 win2003server

I am having a problem with my proliant 7000: when I installed win2003server windows said it had found the following device:

Intel(r) 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller

Code 10: cannot start device

Well that windows cannot start is very obvious, it probebly because its not the correct driver. But which one is that? I have the win2003server driver/tools package installed and after switching the hotplug drivers back to compaq drivers this was the only device left where I could not find any other drivers for...

The device seems to be located here:
PCI bus 0, device 15, function 2

Maybe someone can look this op?

Also, my hotplug PCI slots dont work properly. I think its because of the driver issue, because whenever I release the lock from a slot the green light goes out and windows freezes up...

Well I hope someone could help me with this problem!

Thanks and greetings from the Netherlands,
Jan den Toonder
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Murdoch
Honored Contributor
Solution

Jan,

There was a very similar issue with Proliant 1600's which had only one CPU.

The answer was to check that APIC mode was set to "Full Table" in the BIOS and also to change the HAL to "MPS Uniprocessor PC". This allowed more interrupts which took care of the problem. You need to go into the Advanced settings in the BIOS to set the APIC mode.

Press F10 at POST to get into the System Configuration Utility (SCU) and then press CTRL-A at the first menu screen. This will inform you that Advanced mode has been enabled. When you then go to configure the hardware, the Advanced section will be present. You can change the APIC mode from there and save the changes.

Please see the attached advisory.

I hope this helps.

Brian
Jan den Toonder

thanks, I have tried to do this and changed the setting in the bios but in win2003 I cannot change the driver from standard PC to MPS Uniprocessor PC because its not in the list?!
Jan den Toonder

Problem solved!

Upgrading to the latest Firmware did the trick, but Im still having a problem with the PCI hotplug function. Windows just freezes up when I shutdown the slot by removing the cardlock (holding the pcicard in place)...

Vijay_44
Honored Contributor

Some of the older Compaq servers had this ├в ┬жI know that the 1850r had this. The chipset incorporated the USB controller but the server did not implement the USB port and it caused this device issue
ThereтАЩs your problem!!! This thing is set to EVIL!
Terry Hutchings
Honored Contributor

Don't use this method for pci hotplug. You should go to the system tray and with the hotplug driver installed you should see "safely remove hardware" icon. You should use this to turn the power off to the pci hotplug slot first.
The truth is out there, but I forgot the URL..