ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL)
1751957 Members
5201 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Driver used by DL380 G2\G3 external SCSI port?

2mths
Occasional Advisor

Driver used by DL380 G2\G3 external SCSI port?

I would like to identify the driver used to drive the external SCSI port.

Reason?
I can connect an autochanger to this port and it works just fine. However to read tapes from another system I need to increase the SCSI block size (by setting a value for Parameters\Device\MaxiumSGList under the driver entry in the registry)
but obviously I need to know the driver before I can do this.

I have already put some entries in but they aren't working so I don't think I've done the right one yet.

TIA
6 REPLIES 6
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

5x & 6x Controllers use same driver
http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/server/us/download/21374.html

CpqCissm.sys actual driver

Extract driver to folders (see attachment)
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

attachment
2mths
Occasional Advisor

Ok - So that same driver does also do the external port. Shame.

I was pretty sure it did the inboard\array controller ports (Device Manager told me that) but my registry tweaks weren't yielding the results I expected (and want).

Does anyone know if this driver is likely to pick up \ accept a config change as described in the original post?
I'm pretty sure the driver for the G1 does (cpqarray2 I think) but maybe HP\Compaq don't like people making these sorts of changes and have prevented it now. The changes I'm talking about have been successfully tested on a G1 and other systems.
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

Onboard 5i Controller ... if you willing to make any changes, remember that your have O/S and it use same driver. Usually to use primary for O/S Array controller with Autoloader is not recommended, so an additional 64/66 or 64/133 SCSI controller installed might solve your Problem. As well you can address same question to Storage Support Forum http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/categoryhome.do?categoryId=198
2mths
Occasional Advisor

I'm not sure it's any improvement (as it's using the same driver I think) but the OS is on a 5300 controller added to the server.

I take the point about not using the onboard to control autoloaders, I agree. But this is isn't my box and unfortunately it does work to a degree so they won't be persuaded to find budget for another card.

I must say I don't like the Compaq cards - they might work for drives but have had problems controlling the robot on larger libraries so I end up putting an Adaptec in anyway.

Looks like I'll have to throttle the source server instead.

Thanks for your time and advice. I will check out the storage section.
2mths
Occasional Advisor

For Info.

I have also noticed that in Device Manager if you look at the driver for 5i there is an extra tab (Configuration) which includes an Event Notification box which includes lots of entries for "blah blah CPQCISSE.sys of Embedded Array Controller blah blah Started"

Now I'm assuming that this driver is initialised to control the external port. But the tweak still doesn't seem to take effect.